Car Hires at New York Airport
New York public transportation is efficient, NYC airport taxis are convenient, and private transfers offer premium rides. However, nothing can be compared to the autonomy of a JFK airport car rental. Scheduling your trip itinerary and visiting all of NYC’s surrounding areas couldn’t be easier than with a rental car.
The only two things between you and your dreamy New York airport car rental are your budget limit and the preferred vehicle type. As expected, the vast and super-busy New York Airport houses plenty of car hire companies, providing top-quality services and competitive prices. Therefore, no matter the budget, you’ll definitely find a suitable rental car for you. Do your research, compare the prices and end up with the top value-for-money option for you.
As far as the vehicle’s category is concerned, you should first define your needs. Are you planning on transferring inside the city limits or long distance trips are also on the way? Are you traveling alone or with a company? Depending on your plans, opt for a city car or an SUV, an economy car, a family car, or a luxury option.
JFK Airport Car Rental Companies
Each of the six New York airport terminals hosts a rental car area, usually near the baggage claim zone. There, passengers can find car hire desks or courtesy phones, to be used in order to contact one of the car rental companies operating at JFK Airport. Overall, all the major car hire companies provide their services to JFK passengers. Explicitly, you can choose between the following providers for your JFK airport car rental:
Tips & Hints about your JFK Airport Car Rental
- Booking a JFK airport car rental in advance is highly recommended, as you can benefit from better deals and avoid the relevant, time-consuming during the peak season procedures.
- Pre-booking is also advised in order to find the car rental of your preference. New York Airport is one of the busiest airports in the world. Thus, you may not find your preferred vehicle type if opting for car hire on the spot.
- Search, find, and compare your options to track down the most value-for-money deal for you.
- The car rental company will most probably give you an E-ZPass transponder for your toll payments. Otherwise, you shall pay the toll fees either in cash or via your own E-ZPass transponder.
- If you already have an E-ZPass transponder, avoid adding the rental license number to your account.
- You should respect traffic laws at all times. Any imposed fines or unpaid toll fees will be forwarded by the car rental company to you, raised with admin fees for dealing with the relevant procedures.
- A credit card will almost certainly be needed for your car rental.
- Car rental companies provide many insurance packages to their customers. It is recommended to go for the full package.
- Refilling the rental before returning it is usually a good idea, as rental agencies tend to overcharge gas.
- As car rental companies usually charge per day, you should ensure that you’ll return the vehicle before that time to avoid paying for an extra day.
- Young drivers usually have to pay a surcharge or aren’t allowed to rent some car types.
- The car rental parking is near the Federal Circle Station. Thus, you’ll probably have to use the free AirTrain to get your rental vehicle.
- The dropping-off point lies in the same area.
Does JFK have car rental?
JFK passengers can easily rent a car for their New York transfers. Almost each and every major car rental agency is present at JFK Airport, located near the baggage carousels of every terminal. Alternatively, a courtesy phone is also to be found in the same area, so that passengers can contact car hire companies and make their reservations.
How do I get to car rental at JFK terminal?
When opting for a JFK car rental vehicle, you should simply reach the car rental area, lying near the baggage claim zone of your landing terminal. However, it is advisable to make your reservation in advance, as you will come upon better deals while saving time, as the relevant procedures can be really time-consuming, especially during the high touristic seasons.